Meg LaLonde is the academic advisor for all undergraduate majors and minors in Germanic Studies.
Students interested in majoring or minoring in German should:
- consult with the Director of Undergraduate Studies for German
- schedule an advising session with Meg to formally declare the minor
Continuing minors should contact Meg for:
- advice on available courses
- LAS and department requirements
- study abroad equivalencies
- other questions about the major/minor
- career development related to their program of study
All incoming and continuing German majors and minors must schedule an advising session.
It is recommended that students meet with Meg once a term.
Appointments for advising are scheduled online (use the link below). Students who are in a college other than Liberal Arts and Sciences will need to email Meg to schedule an appointment.
Advising for Teaching of German
In addition to consulting with the Undergraduate Advisor for German, Teaching of German majors must also consult with the Teacher Education Coordinator.
The Director of Graduate Studies for German provides advising for all students in the MA and PhD programs.